Top 5 Things to Look For in an Orlando Bass Fishing Guide
Updated: Jul 10, 2022
Orlando is a bass fishing mecca, and there are dozens of great charter services to choose from. But with so many options, it can be tough to know how to pick the right one. Here are the five things you should look for in an Orlando fishing guide:
1) Reviews/Reputation - The reputation of the charter service and captain is by far the most important factor to consider when booking a fishing charter. Read reviews online, talk to friends who have fished with different guides, and get a sense of who has a good reputation and who doesn't.
2) Family & Child Friendly - If you're looking to take the family out for a 2-hour micro trip, a half day, or a full day of fishing, make sure to find a charter that is family friendly and can accommodate children and their needs. Some guides are more geared towards experienced anglers with little patience while others, such as Fleetwood Bass Fishing, are very accommodating to young and inexperienced anglers.
3) Tackle and Techniques - Orlando is famous for its bass fishing, so it's important the guide you choose to work with is knowledgeable about the lakes in the area and have the proper tackle and techniques to catch big bass.
4) Cost - Obviously cost is a factor when booking any kind of charter, but just because a charter is offering a "cheap" guide service, that doesn't always mean it's the best option in terms of value and overall experience.
5) Amenities - Other than the boat, its captain and overall reputation, it's always a good idea to evaluate other amenities included in their packages. Supplies such as ice and cold water provided by the guide should almost always be included, especially on those hot summer days in Central Florida.
If you're looking for the best bass fishing in Orlando, you'll want to find a guide who knows the ins and outs of the city's many lakes. The Butler Chain of Lakes, for example, is a great spot for bass fishing, but it can be tricky to navigate if you don't know the area. Similarly, the Conway Chain and Winter Park Chain are both well-known bass fishing hotspots, but they can be crowded during peak season. If you're looking to avoid the crowds, Johns Lake is a great choice. This lake is often overlooked by bass fishermen, but it's actually one of the best spots in Orlando. When booking a charter, be sure to ask about the captain's experience on Johns Lake as well as any secret "honeypot" spots that may be isolated and full of big bass not known by other fishing guides. The right guide will have plenty of tips and tricks to help you catch bass all day long.
Whether you live Orlando or are visiting one of the many great attractions such as Disney World and Universal Studios, there are plenty of bass fishing guides and charter services available to choose from in the area.
Are you ready to catch big bass? If so, look no further than Fleetwood Bass Fishing to make your trip one you and your family will never forget! Experienced and inexperienced anglers alike all agree that Fleetwood Bass Fishing is the top choice for ensuring you have the best experience possible and its captain, Captain Blake Flancsha, will get you on BIG bass.